A framework for evaluating information transparency in supply chains

Ada, Erhan, Sağnak, Muhittin, Kazancoglu, Yigit, Luthra, Sunil and Kumar, Anil (2021) A framework for evaluating information transparency in supply chains. Journal of Global Information Management, 29 (6). pp. 1-22. ISSN 1533-7995

[img]
Preview
Text
Framework-for-evaluating-information-transparency-in-supply-chains.pdf - Published Version
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution 4.0.

Download (883kB) | Preview
Official URL: https://doi.org/10.4018/jgim.20211101.oa45

Abstract / Description

Private, public, profit, and non-profit organizations, and society as a whole currently face a significant reliable information necessity problem. Especially supply chains need trustworthy information to perform their activities successfully. This study aims to propose a framework and identify how reliability of information can be evaluated and measured through the concept of transparency. In this context, dimensions such as; comprehensiveness, regularity, timeliness, content, scope, and user-friendliness are the pillars of the proposed framework. Selected criteria have been used as inputs to develop the information transparency level. The Fuzzy Analytic Network Process (ANP) is used to obtain weights of these inputs, and Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) is used for the determination of the efficiency ranking for transparency. Results demonstrated that Content, Scope and Comprehensiveness dimensions have 75% impact on the transparency of data. Remaining 25 percent is affected by Timeliness, Regularity and User-friendliness.

Item Type: Article
Additional Information: ** From Crossref journal articles via Jisc Publications Router
Uncontrolled Keywords: data envelopment analysis; framework; information transparency; measurement; supply chain management
Subjects: 600 Technology > 650 Management & auxiliary services
Department: Guildhall School of Business and Law
SWORD Depositor: Pub Router
Depositing User: Pub Router
Date Deposited: 07 Oct 2021 14:52
Last Modified: 07 Oct 2021 14:52
URI: http://repository.londonmet.ac.uk/id/eprint/7027

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year



Downloads each year

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item